Thursday, June 11, 2009

Something different

This week is going to be a bit different from our normal Friday night events for a number of reasons:
1. We're going to be joining a few different youth groups (Cornerstone, Orchard Park, Niagara UM)
2. We're going to be worshiping God with those groups through singing and hearing a speaker, Brett Ullman.
3. We're going to spend the night in Virgil...seriously, what's in Virgil?!?  (just kidding)

I know that some of you have already heard Brett speak at Eden earlier this year, and to be honest I don't know a lot about him, but I took a look at his website and what he talks about seems to address some of the issues that we wrestle with in our weekly Bible study...he talks about how we interact with and are impacted by culture in our daily lives, habits, relationships, etc.  

Even though what we're doing is different, I want to encourage all of you to come out with an attitude that is opening to learning and experiencing God.

THIS IS IMPORTANT:
1. We are meeting at the church (Scott St.) at 7:00 pm and YOU HAVE TO BE ON TIME!  We have to drive to Cornerstone Church, so it is important that you come at 7:00 pm, not 7:10, or 7:20 or heaven forbid 7:30!  I'm usually at the church by 6:45, so I'm even going to suggest that you come early.
2. The night costs $5, so please bring money along.  If money is an issue just let me know.  I don't want anyone to miss out because of it.

No comments: