Wednesday, October 07, 2009

13th Annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner

This Friday is SSMBY's 13th annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner. Thanksgiving weekend is typically a time for people to spend with their friends and family, but the reality is that not everyone has friends and family, so this is a night that we spend serving our community by providing food for the hungry and a place of belonging for those who may not have it elsewhere. Last year we cooked and served Thanksgiving dinner for over 130 people! That's pretty huge and it takes all of us chipping in to make it work. This is no regular youth night, so come to the church at 3:30.

It's going to be a lot of work...for goodness sake, we're cooking and serving a huge dinner for over 100 people...but since we'll be doing it together, it's sure to be a blast!

Please be on time and be ready to help. Wear dark pants (preferably black) and light tops (preferably white) because we will need most of you to help serve the food. Let me know if you've got any questions.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hey everyone,

I want you all to know how happy I am that SSMBY does this meal. It is a very significant thing...perhaps the most vital thing you do as a group.

Thursday is our Thanksgiving at St. John's...I'm very much looking forward to it. My years of Thanksgiving meals with SSMBY were some of my favorite events and I'm really glad I still get to experience that here in KW. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as a group!