Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bible Study & Mission Trip Info

I'm back now, so that means that youth Bible study will be tonight at 7:00 pm at my house. Hopefully I'll see a lot of there.

I also wanted to give you the details for our summer mission trip again. We're going to be doing "Mission 360" with two other churches from here in the Niagara Region (Southridge and Cornerstone).

Mission 360 is a week long mission trip experience hosted right here in the Niagara Region. It might not seem as exciting as going away for a mission trip, but it'll give us a chance to learn what it looks like to really answer God's call to action right here in our city. We’ll be doing a wide variety of things such as light construction work, serving the elderly, developmentally disabled, homeless, and also aiding with local community outreach programs...all the usual mission trip stuff. I'm really excited about this opportunity because I'm sick of us just talking about what it means to live out our faith in our daily lives and I think this will help us figure out how to actually do it.

The dates for the trip are July 2-10 and it'll cost $270. The money goes to paying for food & accommodation, transportation expenses, covering the cost of our fun activities, etc. This is not a lot of money for a mission trip, but if your concerned about the cost then let me know and we can talk about some fundraising ideas.

Because the trip is only a month away, I NEED TO KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED IMMEDIATELY. Let me know if you've got any questions.

No comments: