Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Weekend

So, this weekend is a big one...EASTER!!! It means that you guys have a crazy long weekend and that there are a ton of church things! Here's an outline of all the Easter goodness that you can come to.

1. Good Friday Service: 10:45 am on Friday at Fairview MB Church...it's going to be all 3 of churches coming together for a service...let's see if our churches can come together as well as we have.

2. Sunrise Service: 6:00 am on Sunday at the Welland Canal Lock 1. I realize that this is CRAZY EARLY and I've got kind of a love/hate relationship with the Sunrise Service because it's so early, but I'm always glad that I go because there's something amazing about seeing the sunrise and thinking about the reality of what we're celebrating on Easter morning. I know you probably don't want to come to this, but I'm really going to encourage you to do it! Mark will be leading some singing, we'll read some scripture and I'll be doing a short Easter devo. It's going to be good AND WE'RE GOING OUT FOR BREAKFAST AFTER. Bring some money along for breakfast.

Okay, I think that's it, but let me know if you've got any questions. And SERIOUSLY, COME TO THE SUNRISE SERVICE!!! Remember that you can sleep in on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, so really, what's the big deal about getting up early on Sunday?

No comments: