Thursday, April 15, 2010

Youth Tomorrow and More

Tomorrow night will be a night filled with adventure and mystery and you seriously do not want to miss it…I don’t want to give anything away, so that’s all I’m going to say about that, but trust me it’s going to be good and even if you think you know what a murder mystery is all about, know that there will be twists and turns all over the place with this one.

We’ll be meeting at the church at 7:00 pm tomorrow night, so I’ll see you then!

Also, our annual Spaghetti Dinner & Pie Auction is coming up on Sunday, April 25th…that’s next Sunday. All former SSMBY members will know what this is, but since we’re now SSMAIRVIEW I’ll explain it. It’s basically our main fundraiser for the year and it fills up our youth budget and provides us with the funds we need to run a great youth program.

As a group we put on this Spaghetti Dinner for the church and then for dessert we auction off pies that WE HAVE BAKED. Our church loves us and regardless of how good our pies are, some of them go for over $100! It’s a lot of work, but it’s loads of fun, and it’s great to see the support that the church has for us.

Anyhow, in order to make this work, I need everyone’s help! I need people to help set the tables, people to serve, people to clean up, people to help with the cooking, and especially people to bake pies. We need at least 20 pies. Now, you might be thinking, “I’ve never baked a pie before, so she couldn’t possibly be talking to me.” I am talking to you! Ask your mom if she can help you or call your grandmother…I’m sure she’d love to spend time with you. I don’t know how to bake a pie either, so I’ll be getting together with my mom to get my baking on.

I’m going to be sending around a sign-up list tomorrow to see who can help with what. Even if you don’t attend church at Scott St. on Sunday mornings, this is one Sunday that I’m requesting that you ask your parents if you can come to Scott St. for.

This message is getting crazy long, so that’s all I’ll say about this for now, but I’ll explain a bit more at youth tomorrow.

No comments: