Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Bible Study & Community Thanksgiving Dinner

First off, we've got Bible study tonight at 7:00 pm at Jesslyn's house (1515 5th St.). Come on out for some good discussion.

Secondly, this Friday is our Community Thanksgiving Dinner, so I'm going to need a bunch of help at different times this week. This dinner is something that our youth group has done for pretty much forever now (I think it's been 14ish years). With the help of some ladies at our church we will be hosting the community for Thanksgiving Dinner. Not only does this promote community in our area, but it also provides a turkey dinner and a place of belonging for people who might not have family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving with. Personally, I think this is my favourite thing that our church and youth group does all year, so please take a look at the times I need help and let me know when you can come.

Times I need help:
Wednesday at 3:45pm (just come to the church after school) - posting flyers

Friday at 10am - helping the ladies with the meal prep (peeling potatoes, cutting bread for stuffing, etc.)

Friday at 3:30pm - EVERYONE NEEDS TO COME to help set up the tables & chairs, set the tables, get the last food stuff read & be ready to welcome our guests. Please wear black (or dark) pants & a white (or light coloured) top

Please email me (sabrinawiens@bellnet.ca) or facebook message me to let me know what you can help with.

No comments: