Friday, November 16, 2007

GTKMN

Hey All, I realize that this is late...but I'm on my holidays, gimme a break...I shouldn't even be working!

Anyways, tonight is Get To Know Mark Night!

So, I won't give you any details, except that it's a food event...So if you could bring a doubloon (i.e. double loon or twonie as the more common folk call it) to help cover the cost, that would be excellent!

We'll hear a bit of Mark's story and then we'll do something that Mark is passionate about...so come on out, bring your friends, and be prepared for a supper cool night led by a supper cool guy!

Also, read the last blog about the 30hr. Fast...you gotta start getting in your sponsor sheets!

For the record...we just broke the $1000 mark ($1015 to be exact) so we're just over 1/3 of the way to our goal...time is running out, so be praying that we get there!

Our top 3 fund raisers to date are:

Paster Tom at $305 (and it would make my day if someone beat that!)
Alina at $220 (just slipped past Jordan for second place)
and Jordan at $160 for the bronze medal!

Get out there and lets see that $3000 mark shattered!

And now for the intro to the greatest show ever! I just downloaded all 6 seasons as you can't get it on DVD...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tom, i was just wondering if you meant to write "led by a SUPPER cool guy"? i mean it's cool if you did. i like supper. mark probably likes supper. who doesn't like supper?!?!

Tom (Youth Leader Emeritus) said...

well I had my supper last night thanks to the sushi you guys made.

So, that does it...yes, supper was intended.

Our you going out today with are friends?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of sushi... It appears I can make pretty good sushi, or so you guys tell us.